For 4 to 6 people Ingredients
- 750g prawns (shelled and cleaned)
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- half of a packet of Whittingtons Saffron Strands
- 1 tsp. Whittingtons Coriander Ground
- 1 tbsp. Whittingtons Australian Seasoning
- 1 fresh chopped Chilli
- 2 tbsp. Whittingtons Exotic Indian Mild Curry
- 1 tsp. Whittingtons Ginger Ground and 2 cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Whittingtons Cinnamon stick
- 500g tin tomatoes
- half Lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 tbsp. fresh chopped Coriander
- 1 tin Coconut cream
1. Mix together coriander, Whittingtons Australian seasoning, ginger, chilli and curry powder, make into a paste with a little water.
2. Crush the saffron strands, 3. Heat the oil in a fry pan and saute the prawns add the saffron (do not overcook). Season with salt and cracked pepper. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same pan gently fry the onion and garlic until golden brown.
4. Stir in the spice paste and cook for a minute or so before adding the tomatoes. Add 300ml hot water. Squeeze in the lemon juice and zest, coconut cream and simmer gently until thickened. Remove the cinnamon stick.
5. Add the prawns and toss through. Serve on top of steaming hot rice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.